Friday, October 10, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

DD1 and dd2 went to the pumpkin farm with their Girl Scout troop today, I took dd3 and went with them as a driver too, it was so much fun! It's the same farm that we've been to for years, but we never did the tour, but today we did the tour of the farm. It was pretty cool! We went on a tractor ride around the farm, they have 700 acres, 25 dedicated to pumpkins and Christmas trees, learned how pumkins are planted and why they plant 3 seeds in each hole, we got to go in the petting zoo and play with the baby goats and sheep, then the girls got to pick their own pumkin to take home (just a little one, but hey were still excited about it!). We packed a lunch and ate there and then the girls all got to play on the hay tower, they were exhausted by the time we got home! It was a good day! It's funny to watch them in this environment though, when we grew up we had wildlife and such all over the place and now I have to drive 15 miles away to let my kids enjoy it! City kids!!!

3 comments:

Coolwhip said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!! I love it when the kids get to enjoy stuff like that!! And where are the pictures?!?!? Huh??? :o) LOL

Shawn said...

Now you know I am computer illiterate when it comes to postingpics, I took some but don't know how to add them on here! :p

I think this may be one of the last years that S will really really enjoy herself, I hope I can get at least a year or 2 more out of her!

candace@frugalmom.net said...

Sounds like you had a great time Shawn! We are going with some friends to the pumpkin patch on Thursday. It sounds a lot like yours!