Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to the daily grind!

Ahhhh, after enjoying our 3 weeks off the girls and I are headed back to work & school tomorrow. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the slower pace these past few weeks. Sure there were times I was ready to run out of the house because of the girls bickering, but most of the time it was nice to relax! Lol!

We had time to actually clean the house the right way :) as well as just sit in the evenings and hang out together playing games, watching movies, etc. Dd3 loves to bake and helped me make lots of goodies for the holidays. Dd1 made some extra money by babysitting one of my friends little girls (she made $100 for 4 days! And then another $30 for helping my MIL!!). Dd2 did miss her friends and really REALLY missed not having soccer practice, but she got out there on the days it wasn't raining and kicked that ball against the wall out front.....over and over and over...LOL!

John had to work the whole time we were off, so he didn't get to hang out as much as we would have liked, but hey, someone had to bring the money in, right! ;) he and I did get to sneak off to watch a movie by ourselves this past weekend. We saw The Fighter....excellent movie! We are still talking about it 2 days later!

During our time off we had to deal with crazy rain storms here in the Southern Ca area. Near my MILs house is where a lot of damage was, there are still tons of sandbags around the neighborhood and some people are still not allowed into their homes!

For our last day of vacation the girls and I cleaned the house up, did laundry and made yet another trip to the mall so Sydney & Jordan could spend more of their money! They each got more clothes and shoes...apparantly they can't have too many! :)

So now we are all climbing into bed to get our rest for what I'm sure will be a long and tiring day!

1 comment:

Coolwhip said...

So glad you & the girls had a nice break!! And you know we girls can never have enough clothes or shoes!! lol