Friday, November 7, 2008

Hurt feelings

On a forum I frequent I got my feelings hurt pretty badly this week. On Tuesday night I posted a thread that simply said "Congratulations Mr. President Elect" And said that we had all been part of an historical event. That was it...then someone posted how scared she was for the country and proceeded to post outright lies about the new President. I replied that I didn't want the thread to become a debate and it was simply a congratulations and that was it. Well, it continues via PMs and in the end I was called a "baby killer" and I was a "typical liberal". Now, I am a liberal, and don't take offence to being called one, however the "tone" that she used was clearly trying to take a dig at me. To me, you can debate without being nasty and name calling. my feeling is if you can't debate just the issues then you shouldn't post outright lies and then try to defend what you know nothing about! I don't think the gov. should be allowed to tell you what you can do with your own body, but that is just my opinion and I know that others don't feel that way, which is fine. Seperation of church and state is becoming a hot topic and I think it will be in the news much more than it is now. I thought that living in America you lived in the land of the free, but I guess that as long as that doesn't apply to peoples taxes then everything else is fair game!

2 comments:

Coolwhip said...

That's a shame, Shawn, really it is. I did, however notice, while lurking, no admins got involved...perhaps they did privately. None the less, I'm so sorry your feelings were hurt. I wish I could say I'm surprised, but then again, I was called the devil way back when....!!
(((HUGS)))
And just so you know, she will be held accountable for every word she said to you (iwant2bfrugal) when she meets her maker, just as I will and everyone else!! LOVE YA!

Shawn said...

Thanks Angie! Yeah, I made a post in the Plat. section where more people said something, so it's all good for now!

The whole point I was trying to make is that it's not up to me or anyone else to judge anyone..tht is all up to God, so our "laws" and everything else mean nothing in front of him! I'm glad you got what I was saying...I know we differ on a lot of things too, but at least we can agree to disagree and be friends who are able to see each others points of view! Hugs my friend!