Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm still up

It is now almost 11:30 the night before we are leaving and I'm still up trying to get things done...par for the course around here!

I did manage to get done what I wanted to do today though. I took the girls for lunch at Miguel Jrs (yum!!) then we headed over to get the girls hair trimmed.

Sydney and Jordan just got a trim, enough to get rid of those dead ends. Brooklyn on the other hand, got a full on haircut! For years she has been begging me to let her cut her hair shorter, I always refused...I didn't want my baby to not have hair for me to put up in pretty bows and things. Well, today she convinced me to let her do it! She got a really cute little bob, no bangs though. I can straighten it and flip the ends up or curl them under, or I can just throw some mousse in it and srunch it up for a curlier look. She loved it..at first. Then, as her exhaustion set in (from staying at Kylies house for 2 nights in a row and hanging our all day every day since Wed with her) all of a sudden she started to cry and say how the lady cut her hair too short and she hated it! well...if that's not a girl for ya!LOL! I can remember sitting in front of my mirror when I was about 19 and sobbing because my friend (who was a hairdresser) chopped my long curly hair off into a bob that I just hated (I did end up loving it after a while though!). So, she is my daughter afterall! I think once I start playing with it with her and show her we can make it look really cute she will be ok, and once she gets some sleep and she gets used to it she will be just fine, if not lets hope her hair decides to grow fast!

After the haircuts we headed to the Mall for Sydney to use her gift card. First we went into Charollotte Rouse and foudn her some stupid skinny jeans...I jsut don't get that look! I am much more of a boot cut kind of girl...but then again I'm not an almost 12 year old girl with legs that go forever either!LOL! We then headed over to Hollister and she spent her gc on 2 shirts and I ended up getting Jordan a shirt too..yes I am a sucker!

I looked at Lane Bryant, but with 4 girls, 2 of whom were on the verge of a breakdown we didn't stay too long. I didn't really see too much anyway. We went to the bank and then headed home before it was time to jet off again to drop everyone off where they needed to be. I ran to Catherines and found 2 pair of jeans (I am loving the new color coded sizing system!) I had a coupon so I got $10 off my purchase and walked out of there only $46 out fo pocket...not bad!:)

After I dropped Sydney and her friend off at dance I headed over to get my brows waxed and my feet done...a little bit of silence and heaven you would think, right? Of course not! Jordan kept calling me wanting to know where I was! UGGH! I ran to Wal Mart and picked up a few things for the trip and then picked up the girls and grabbed dinner. On my way home, with a million things running through my head I all of a sudden remebered I needed to drop the key off with Tracie so she could feed the cat! So after chatting with her for half an hour I finally got home at 8:15 tonight! *sigh* I'm almost done packing everyone up, the girls have collapsed into bed, John is asleep and I will hopefully be headed to dreamland soon (after I finish cleaning up the kitchen and putting the last load into the dryer and running the dishwasher) I think I will so be sleeping on Interstate 5 tomorrow!

I will try to check in here while I am gone, but if I don't I will be thinking of my friends and family (the ones we won't be with this coming week) and hoping that everyone has a blessed holiday and that you all cherish the time you get to spend with your family and friends! Love to all!

1 comment:

Coolwhip said...

Sounds like you had a very busy day!! But alas, you sound just like I do....rushing around, usually at the very last minute, trying to get everything done!! Again, I wish all a safe journey, and I hope you have a wonderful time up north!! ;o) How long will you be gone?!!!?